In our everyday life, we use Microsoft office for our official or commercial purposes. So it is important for us to protect our works on MS Office- MS Excel, MS Word etc. In this article, we will learn how to password protect an excel file.
For the Tutorial purposes, I am using WPS Office instead of Microsoft Excel. The process of protecting your excel file is almost same as MS Excel and WPS office.
How to add dropdown list in excel file with color.
Why protect excel file?
We do many important work on our Laptop or PC. However, in this modern age our information of works is not secure. Because, there are a lots of hacker can hack your PC or Laptop and they can lick your secret information’s. To prevent this, you have to protect your work form hacker.
How to password protect an excel file?
First Open your workbook, which you want to protect with password. And follow the process.
1. Lets open the Menu Option and select the File Information (in MS Excel = INFO).
2. Now select the Encryption Option.
3. Now Enter your password on these two boxes and click OK.
Congratulation your file is now protected. Let’s take a look how it works. Open that file.
That’s all about how to password protect an excel file.
How to protect your excel data?
This method will protect your excel data- none can edit your data. Everyone can view your excel lists and data, but using this method none can edit or modify your data. To edit your excel data, they need your secret password. So, let’s start protecting our data.
1. As usual, open your file, which you want to protect. and go to Menu option.
2. Next, select the File Information (in MS Excel = INFO).
3. Then select the Encryption Option.
4. Now Enter your secret password on these two boxes and click OK.
This is how you can protect your data from editing. By using these two processes, you can secure your excel data and files from hackers. Excel’s password protection is a great feature and fortunately, and it is easy to use. Don’t be confused with it sheet protection and don’t rely solely on it to secure sensitive data.