If you are looking for how to recover unsaved excel file 2020 then you are in the right place. It is too disgusting for everyone when we lost or forget to save the CSV or xlsx file.
If you delete by any chance or did not save the file or misplaced, you can not find it anymore. So in this article, I will show you how to recover excel files. For this tutorial purpose, I use MS office, but you can use the same process on the other excel software like WPS Excel or Google Sheet.
Simply imagine that you have been dealing or editing with a significant report or files in Excel for certain hours, making a complicated chart, and afterward, you forgot to save the file… oh no!!!
The power went out or you accidentally shut down a document without saving the file. That is disappointing, however, do not need to be so cut up about it – you can without much of an extend recover your unsaved excel files.
How to configure the autosave settings in excel?
- First, open the Menu or File tab, and click on Options.
- Now, click to the Save tab.
- Then make sure that the AutoSave Option is checked. You can also keep the auto-recovery duration to the smallest work to make sure every file is saved.
- Finally, click on OK.
After this process, if your file ever crusher, you can see the work and recover it as well.
If you miss this process, and if you forget to save the file, follow this process and recover your lost file. So let’s get started.
- First go to the File tab and click on ‘Open’.
- Now click on the Recent Workbooks option on the top left corner.
- Then scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Recover Unsaved Workbooks’ button.
- And scroll through the list and search for the file or document you lost.
- Now double-click on it to open it. The document will open in Excel.
- Now all you have to do is click the Save As button or press Ctrl + Alt + S.
By following this process, you can easily get your lost documents or files. Moreover, if you need to take a backup of your files, then there are lots of options for you to backup your file in a secure place.
You can use Google Drive, Dropbox for free to back up your files. You will get a free Google Drive account with your Google ID, and it will give you 15gb storage for free. However, you can follow this step to backup on your computer.
- First of all, go to the File tab and click on ‘Save as’.
- Then click on the Browse tab at the bottom.
- A Save as the window will open up. At the bottom of it, there is an option called Tools.
- Now click on Tools and select ‘General options’.
- In the new Window, check on ‘Always create backup‘.
Now every new Excel file or document that you create will have a backup file associated with it. But remember that, backup Excel files have a different extension –like- .xlk or .csv
That’s all about how to recover an unsaved excel file?
Some Useful Links :