We secure our excel or Spreadsheet data with password. Sometimes we forget the password, as a consequence, we can’t open that file. In this article, we will learn how to remove password from excel file. I will share the 2 best way how to solve this problem.
How To Remove Password From Excel File?
Now, we want to protect or secure our works from others, for that reason, we use to add password to our documents. As a human being, it sometime happens that we forgot our password, as a result, we can not access our work or documents and lost our important documents. Let’s move on these two methods.
Method 1 :- If you forget the password and try to unlock.
If you forget the excel password that you locked it before. To recover your excel file, you can follow this easy steps. This is very simple step, let’s start the process.
1. First change your extension (xlsx to zip). Like this:
2. Now open the zip file. I used winnrar for that. Now, click on the XL folder to open it.
3. Then open the Worksheets folder, there you will get a sheet.xml file which you should edit by following this process. This sheet represents your excel files sheets.
4. Now open that sheet.xml file with notepad or other kinds of software. And find out that tag (sheetProtection).
5. Now select the whole tag and remove it. And save the sheet.xml file.
6. Finally, replace the extension(zip to xlsx). Now you can access your excel files and work on it.
This method only applies to password-protected workbooks. If the file is secured with the “Encrypt with Password” feature, it will not work.
Method 2:- How to remove password from excel file with password?
If you have protected your excel but can not remove your password. It is very easy to do. So let’s move on the process.
1. First open the excel file, and go to the Menu Option and select the File Information (in MS Excel = INFO).
2. Now select the Encryption Option.
3. Now Remove your password from these two boxes and click OK. Congratulation your file is now unprotected excel workbook.
Method 3:- Last and but not in the list
If those 2 method not work well, you have to use some software to remove your password. Some of the best software that I recommend you to use to unprotect excel workbook. Best two software is given below:
Download these two software to rescue your excel or workbook and use them to remove the password.