Do you want to save your money by cutting wood by yourself?
Well, wood cutting efficiency and capability is dependent on the use of the chainsaw properly.
Woodcutting using a light chainsaw or a professional chainsaw-both are dangerous sometimes and sometimes very complicated as well.
So, I am not telling you about the disadvantage of using any chainsaws!
I am here today to tell you a details process about how you can use your chainsaw efficiently by reducing the risk.
Let’s start the main discussion on –how to use chainsaw.
How to use chainsaw:
There are twelve steps you should know to use your chainsaws. I am describing the steps in followed way-
1. At first check the chainsaw thoroughly if there is any loose screw or bolt is hovering or not. If all the screw and nut are in a good position, go for the checking of the oil tank for your gas-powered chainsaw.
Refill the oil tank properly before you are going to use your chainsaw.
2. If you have a corded electric chainsaw, check the power supply board and cord is sufficient and available near you. And for a battery-powered chainsaw, check the battery charge level and charge it fully before starting the saw.
3. Keep the chainsaw on a smooth and flat surface and hold it gently. Lock the chain brake of your saw. Locking the chain brake will prevent any further spinning of the chain until you are going to unlock the brake and release the safety throttle.
4. Turn on the choke of your gas-powered chainsaw. If there any decompression valve, push it. Also, don’t forget to push repeatedly four to five times on your primer bulb button.Driving on the primer button will force the gas into the carburetor.
5. Hold the front handle of your chainsaw with your left hand and hold the rear handle of your chainsaw with your right leg. Use your right hand to pull the starting handle or cord until the engine starts to work.
6. Only starting the engine will not turn on your saw. Press the trigger or safety throttle until the chain is working. Now arrange an efficient and safe position of you.
Hold the saw tightly and place your feet comfortably. Operate the saw off to your side, and far from you, it will reduce the risk of kickback and other process risks.
7. So, you are ready to use your chainsaw, release the chain brake and engage the safety throttle fully.
Hold the position at the place of would-be cutting wood.
Don’t cut the wood with applying force onto the chain; the wood will draw in of the chain and blade.
Again, a far placing or an improper adhering of the chain onto the wood will be lingering your process time unnecessarily.
8. Until you are finishing the cutting process, firmly grip the handle and engaged the throttle fully. Once your procedure is ended, release the throttle fully.
9. For electric chainsaw, notice the electrical port and cables are not hindering in between you and the saw.
10. When your cutting operation is over, gently turn it off. Before you store your chainsaw, let it cool down.
11. The left-over fuel (if any) in the oil tank can be reused for up to three to four weeks. An exceeding of this the duration, alcohol in the fuel will gum the carburetor. If it happens, you have to again clean the carburetor before using it.
However, if you want to empty the oil tank, drain all the oil in a plastic container in a well-ventilated place. After then start your engine again and run it until the fuel inside the engine finished.
12. Whatever your chainsaw types are, store this saw with the bar cover and save it safely far from children reach. A proper storing of your chainsaw will prevent any rust or corrosion of your chain and bar.
Safety instruction to use a chainsaw:
Some safety instruction relating with using of the chainsaw are given below-
- Wear all safety gear (like a helmet, face guard, eye goggles, chaps, non-slipping hand gloves, steel boot, noise protector, etc.) to maintain the maximum safety of your body.
- Place the chainsaw at an effective and safe position near your body, maintain a safe distance between the chain nose and your body.
- Cut the wood far from the chain bar tip. Always keep in mind that, if you cut the wood using the upper portion of the bar tip, it will cause a kickback towards you.
- If suddenly, you got any your chain brake has been engaged for any reason, pull back the saw to unlock it.
- Cut the wood at your waist level, cutting wood up to your head, or shoulder may cause a severe injury to your head and neck.
- Never cut too ground portion of the tree, close contact of the groundwood and your chain blade, may cause a chain jam and high kickback towards you.
- Cut the wood from the safe side of the tree. Cutting wood from any hovering side will create a potential risk for you.
- It is better to cut the wood from the side of your chainsaw.
- Cut the wood in a straight forward direction. If you want to cut the wood or tree in both directions- switch of the saw when you want to cut another side of the tree.
- Before any round figure of any tree or wood log, do not move in a circular direction with a running chain saw.
- Cut the ground of the wood using the pulling chain and upper of the field using the pushing chain system.
- Whenever you want to switch off your chainsaw, turn off the ignition switch.
Grabbling a chainsaw and learning everything how to use it, is not a matter of hurry. You have to keep patience and have to give a trial with your chainsaw regularly to become expert in using it.
One more thing never forgets anyway, a proper safety precaution is a hidden key to use any chainsaw successfully. Wear all the safety gadgets and read all the safety instruction described in the user manual.
So, this is all about on-How to use chainsaw. If you are a newbie to use any chainsaw, hopefully, this article will help you to a lot.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friend’s inbox.
You may also like: